Sunday, May 10, 2009

Opening of Our Fishing Season... May 3, 2009

This is the first time we've been fishing since October, 2008. A very long dry spell. Normally throughout the Winter we get out at least one time to try for some panfish.

Here Mona is taking the hook out of a Largemouth Bass that I had just netted for her. It was caught on my favorite Spinnerbait. When Fleet Farm gets the baits in I normally buy between 5 and 10 at a time. It seems to me that either Fleet is ordering a different model of that version or Northland Baits changed the way they make them. They seem to me to be made cheaper now and they don't provide the action I like.

As with all of the Bass we catch - this was a Catch and Release legal sized one caught on Shawano Lake. I'll try to catch 'em when he grows up more (Ha Ha). Actually, she caught three that day and I only had one miss.

No comments: